One thing that definitely applies to everyone (or nearly everyone) is that a lot of people love chocolate (at least to a degree). It’s a universally enjoyed specialty that can be found in many different desserts.
Speaking of New Zealand, other than raw chocolate, Chocolate Fudge Cake is the most popular dessert. Of course, there’s a very good reason for that - it’s a dessert that all generations can enjoy, it’s not too caloric, and it’s very easy to make. If you’ve never tasted Chocolate Fudge Cake before, you have no idea what you’ve been missing out on!
Still, if you needed some information before trying them out yourself, you’ve come to a good place. In the lines below, you will learn what Chocolate Fudge Cake really is, how you can make one yourself, and where you can order one in New Zealand. You will also learn how chocolate (the main ingredient here) can also be very healthy for you.
Let’s get started!
What is Chocolate Fudge Cake?
Chocolate Fudge Cake is a type of chocolate cake that is very similar to the classic mud cake, but it’s not as dense. This delicious dessert is typically made with cocoa and melted chocolate, and in many cases, we also have some chocolate ganache for an even more amazing experience!
Sounds delicious? Well, we’re only getting started…
What makes Chocolate Fudge Cake an ideal everyday dessert?
There are several reasons why Chocolate Fudge Cake is one of the best dessert choices at the moment and some of them are:
- The flavor is strong and profound - If you love chocolate, you will definitely love chocolate fudge cake as well. This specialty is a real paradise for all chocolate lovers out there, and the best thing is, the taste will linger in your mouth even after you’ve done eating. Yum!
- The dessert is wonderfully moist and fudgy - no surprise there really, but now you know why we call it “Chocolate Fudge Cake”.
- It is so easy to make - Other than being incredibly tasty, the dessert is also very easy to make. In the lines below, we will explain how you can make one yourself.
- The chocolate itself is very healthy - The fact that Chocolate Fudge Cake is juicy and delicious is one thing, but did you know that the main ingredient is incredibly healthy? Even in this form, chocolate is very good for you. It can boost your mood (by increasing serotonin levels), prevent cognitive decline, lower your cholesterol levels, and even lower your risk of cardiovascular disease. Who knew that chocolate can do that, right? But the studies’ conclusions are undeniable!
Let’s take a closer now and see how you can make a top-notch Chocolate Fudge Cake yourself
Making the Chocolate Fudge Cake at home
Here are all ingredients that you will need to make an utterly delicious Chocolate Fudge Cake at your own home:
- 175g of self-raising flour
- 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon of bicarbonate of soda
- 150g of caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons of golden syrup
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 150ml of sunflower oil, plus extra to grease
- 150ml of semi-skimmed milk
- 100g of unsalted butter
- 225g of icing sugar
- 40g of cocoa powder
- 2 and a half teaspoons of milk
And now here are the steps that you need to follow:
Where can you order Chocolate Fudge Cake?
You can order Chocolate Fudge Cake from many individual restaurants all over New Zealand. But, if you want to order them online, from the best restaurants in the country, Order Meal is the way to go.
We are the leading takeaway and home delivery service in New Zealand and a place where you can find the best foods in the country. We offer a unique, easy to use platform that you can access on any device and at any given time. The platform is 100% safe, reliable, and you won’t have to worry about your data being compromised. All you need to do is place the order and we will do the rest for you.
Give Order Meal a try and order your Chocolate Fudge Cake today!
- Heat the oven to about 160 degrees Celsius/180 degrees Celsius. Then grease the line and add two 18cm sandwich tins.
- Put the flour, cocoa powder, bicarbonate of soda, and caster sugar into the bowl and mix them up.
- Make a well in the center and add two teaspoons of golden syrup, two beaten eggs, 150ml semi-skimmed milk, and 150ml sunflower oil. Now beat them all with an electric whisk until the texture is smooth enough before moving forward.
- The next step is to pour the whole mixture into the tins and bake them for about half an hour. When it becomes firm to the touch, remove the mixture from the oven and let it cool for about ten minutes
- Now it’s time to make some butter icing. All you need to do in this step is to add 100g of unsalted butter in a bowl. Now beat it until the butter is soft.
- Slowly sieve and beat in 40 g of cocoa powder and 225g of icing sugar while adding enough milk to make the icing spreadable and fluffy at the same time. 2 and a half teaspoons of milk should do the trick.
- Now sandwich the cakes together with the icing that you’ve just made and cover both sides (as well as the top of the cake) with additional butter icing.