1. Information we collect and how we use it
We do not need any personal information if you simply browse the site or download the application without logging in. However, if you intend to register to use the site or the applications or apply to us to become a driver, we may ask you to provide certain personal information that will be used to identify you or to enable us to communicate with you about your status either online or offline.
For customers we may require information such as your email address, postal and delivery address, name, cell phone number and payment information. If you request delivery of alcohol, we may request identity verification.
For drivers we may require the same details as for our customers as well as additional details such as identification documents, driver’s licence numbers, birth dates, phot, signatures, vehicle information, insurance details. For our drivers we also collect personal information to establish your suitability as a driver, your driving history and your right to lawfully work in New Zealand.
If you are using the applications we may also collect location data from your device. If you choose not to share location data then this may affect functionality of the services.
If you do not provide all the personal information that we request from you then you may not be able to create an account and/or you may not be eligible to be a driver.
We may also contact you to request your comments about our service and notify you about important changes made to the site, the applications or our service. With your consent we may also contact you by email about products and services that may interest you.
2. Storage, access and correction
As required by the Privacy Act 1993, we follow strict procedures when storing and using the information you provide. We are dedicated to keeping personal information secure. This includes physical security, computer and network security, communications security and personal security.
You have rights of access to, and correction of, personal information that we hold about you. You may correct or change the information collected at any time and as often as necessary. To access, correct or change your personal information, please complete the Contact Us form on the site.
3. Use of your information
We may use your personal information:
- 3.1 To share with restaurants providing food to customers that is collected for delivery by drivers.
- 3.2 To share with drivers who are collecting food from restaurants for delivery to customers (or other recipients).
- 3.3 To share with customers that drivers deliver food to (including to track progress of the delivery).
- 3.4 To share with our employees and agents to administer your account and to enable our agents to assist us in arranging promotions and programs.
- 3.5 To verify your identity (if you are a driver) and to conduct checks including identity and driver history and to verify your right to work in New Zealand.
- 3.6 To collect and process payments.
- 3.7 To monitor your use of our service, for the purpose of improving our service and our customer service and marketing (including marketing using non-identifiable statistics based on your use of our service) and maintaining safety, security, and ensuring that our service is not abused nor used wrongfully.
- 3.8 To provide a ratings or feedback system to assist in safety and compliance in use of the site and the applications.
- 3.9 To provide you with news, reports and promotional material that we believe may be useful or of interest to you.
- 3.10 To provide you with news, reports and promotional material that we believe may be useful or of interest to you.
- 3.11 To assist any law enforcement or governmental agency in the performance of their proper functions, if we reasonably consider disclosure or use of the information to be necessary for that purpose.
- 3.12 For any use in connection with our contractual relationship with you.
- 3.13 For any legitimate purpose in connection with our business.
- 3.14 To compile statistical and analytical reports on the use of our service by all of our customers and end users, provided that such reports do not identify individual customers and end users.
4. When we share your details
The main reason your personal information is shared is so drivers can collect food from restaurants and deliver it to customers. If you are a customer we may share your personal information with the restaurant and driver. If you are a driver we may share your personal information with the restaurant and customer.
We may also disclose your personal information for other reasons:
- 4.1 Where we are permitted to under the Privacy Act.
- 4.2 Where we use third parties to undertake services but only to the extent needed for those services.
- 4.3 If you have given your consent to authorise us to share your personal information.
- 4.4 If required by law for legal compliance and law enforcement or to enforce or apply our terms and conditions or facilitate Court proceedings.
- 4.5 To protect the rights, property, or safety of any person and where we reasonably believe that disclosure is necessary.
- 4.6 Government agencies with statutory roles enabling them to request personal information from us include but are not restricted to the Police, Immigration New Zealand, Inland Revenue and the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment.
- 5.1 To track traffic patterns to the site.
- 5.2 To show you relevant information and improve your experience on the site.
- 5.3 To learn your preferences so we can present you with relevant content.
- 5.4 To produce data on web traffic and user web activity through the site.
You can control the extent to which your device allows cookies to be set on it. You can do this by changing the settings on the software your device uses to access the internet (your browser software). For example, depending on which browser your device uses, you may be able to disable 3rd party cookies.