If you ask any person on the street whether they like Prawns, most of them will reply positively. But if you ask them which Prawns they like the most, the answers will vary. Nonetheless, Chilli Prawn is one of the most common choices and there’s a good reason for that. It’s easy to make, it’s delicious, and the recipe is very flexible.
In the lines below, you will learn what Chilli Prawn is, how you can make your own version of it, and where you can order one for yourself.
Let’s get started!
What is Chilli Prawn?
The name “Chilli Prawn” is quite self-explanatory. Chilli Prawns are prawns made with chili and a whole array of additional ingredients. You can tweak these ingredients to fit your taste and there are many different combinations that you can explore. You can eat Chilli Prawn at any time during the day, but the afternoon is probably an ideal time period.
Now let’s see how you can make top-notch Chilli Prawn on your own and what ingredients you will need for that endeavor.
Making your own Chilli Prawn
Here are all the ingredients that you will need to make an outstanding Chilli Prawn at your home:
- 280g of linguine pasta
- 200g of sugar snap peas (preferably trimmed)
- two teaspoons of olive oil
- two chopped large garlic cloves
- one large red chili (deseeded and finely chopped)
- 24 raw king prawns (make sure they’re peeled)
- 12 cherry tomatoes (halved)
- some fresh basil leaves
- mixed salad leaves and some crusty white bread that you can serve
- The first thing you need to make is dressing. Start by mixing teaspoons of (fat-free) Fromage fries, lime juice (you can use two limes to make it), the grated zest, and two teaspoons of golden caster sugar in a bowl of your choice. Once you do that, season all of that with some pepper and salt before going forward.
- Now you need to cook 280 grams of linguine pasta based on the instructions that you can find on the packet. Make sure you also add some trimmed sugar snap peas during the last minute of cooking for an additional boost in flavor.
- The next step is to heat two teaspoons of olive oil in a big frying pan (or a wok), add two finely chopped garlic cloves, and one finely chopped and deseeded red chili. Cook all of that up over a gentle heat for 30 seconds on average but make sure you don’t let the garlic brown.
- The next thing you need to do is put in 24 peeled king prawns and cook them over a large heat. You’ll also need to stir frequently and for about three minutes before the prawns become pink.
- It’s time to add some vegetables now! Put in 12 halved cherry tomatoes, cook them up and stir frequently for three minutes again. Once they are soft enough, you can move on to the next step.
- Make sure you drain both the sugar snap peas and linguine pasta well before you toss them into the prawn mixture.
- Tear in some basil leaves, stir them, and add some pepper and salt.
- You’re all done! Now you can serve your Chilli Prawns with the salad of your choice and at a time that suits you the most.
Where can you order Chilli Prawn in New Zealand?
The key question here is - where can you order Chilli Prawn in New Zealand? Maybe you don’t have enough time to make this treat on your own and prefer an easier alternative. If that’s the case, the best and the most flexible way is to use an online ordering system. That’s exactly where Order Meal jumps into the rescue.
Order Meal is the leading takeaway and home delivery service in the country and a place where you can find some of the best and the tastiest food in New Zealand. Our platform is very easy to use and you can access it on any device. There is no risk that your personal data will be compromised in any way, so the only thing you need to do is place the order!
Order a truly delicious Chilli Prawn today.